Saturday, July 13, 2013

Older photos of MAV

Helge Brun, previous owner and restorer, sent me some very nice photos of MAV, both before and after last restoration. I especially like the photo of MAV on ski's with the horses... What a tru norwegian winter experience! Thanks for the photos, Helge!

Status: another 5 hours and the fuselage will be completely stripped, ready for wash and a coat of paint. Wondering if I should buy new parts from Univair or if I should bid on a similar L-4J which is 70% finished... Would give me all restored firewall, cowling, struts (new), propeller... And the kit includes restored floats for J3, skis, new tires, engine in unknown condition... and a pair of newly covered wings. Tempting. I might give a bid.

New leather seats arrived from Don, new canvas slings as well. Got an extra 2 inches put into the rear seat so I can see better. Plywood floor and shelf will be made soon. Must get some paint soon, with the original Olive Drab color. Summer holiday now so I should get some more time.






No comments:

Post a Comment