Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Stringers

Tonight I finished making the wooden stringers for the sides and underneath fuselage. Simply used the previous stringers as templates for the new ones. Could find matching pre cut lists in Oslo. The longest one I had to make from two pieces, joining them with a scrap metal piece from an IKEA shelf...

Gave the stringers and the floor boards a good coat of "Visir Olje-grunning". Thats what we put on outside walls for wooden houses as a first layer. Must give it 2-3 days for drying in these low temperatures, and then the first layer of OD wood paint. Will be exciting to see how well the paint shop matched the OD on this type of paint. Hope I'm not rushing this, I know I should have had a second floor board fitting at the hangar...


No comments:

Post a Comment